My long term goal is to be an elementary school teacher who inspires children and finds the special qualities in each student. Last weeks wild card presentation was truly inspiring, and afterwards when Lorna said that gifted teachers that see something special in students and encourage and find ways to bring out these talents in students are amazing. I have been really inspired throughout my education by teachers who encouraged and went above and beyond to help their students. My goal is to help children love to learn and make such an impact on their life that they forever want to learn in many facets of their life. From my socio-cultural perspective it is important for people to strive for higher learning. I recognize that post secondary education is not for everyone, but I believe that in our society it is essential to have higher education in order to have a job that pays enough to support a family. Especially for women who still generally work in teaching, nursing and the service industry they are paid less them men. In order for women to make a livable wage they need an education. As a teacher I want students who have difficulties learning to find something that excites them and makes them want to learn more in an area. I believe that every student can shine in their own way.
Interestingly my personality type links very closely to my self-contract goal of being a teacher who helps others. According to Mamchur, as an INFP I am also the idealistic change agent or NF which means that I want to help the rest of the world find their self-identity is a way for me to find my own.(Manchur, 84) I find this so interesting because I really want to help others I feel that as a teacher I can truly make a difference in peoples lives because it all begins in childhood. In my path to helping others I guess it help allow me to reflect on myself and who I am as well. Another note on Manchur, she also discusses how the NF people find life's calling within their profession and are dedicated to it and like change within their profession. Wow does this ever speak to me, I believe that your career should be chosen very carefully and that it represents what you are good at and what you love and that is why you can be so dedicated to a career. I have always wanted to be a teacher, but I have definitely given it extensive thought as to weather it is the right profession for me. I know that teaching is an excellent profession for me because I have many passions and I can culminated these passions and use them everyday. As a history major I love social studies, I love home economics and sports and I love to read. I want children to find their passions in my classroom.
In order to achieve my self contract long term goal my intelligence is definitely intrapersonal. My socio-cultural background had made me an intrapersonal intellagency because I was kind of an only child, my sister is six years older than me and so I played alot by myself. My childhood made me very reflective on myself and I perfer working closely with a few people. I know what I love and my understanding of myself can be role modeled to my students so that they can understand themselves and learn to find what they are best at and gain confidence in themselves.
In vygosky's definition of socio-cultural perspective he expresses how people gain their influence from teachers and students. I think Breanna touches on this in an interesting way where she says that "... if students interact with various people from different cultures it will allow them to gain new insight and help them develop new thoughts and perspectives." (Breanna's Blog, July 13) I think that teachers can make an incredible impression on children and teach them to understand others and through this they can understand themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment