When I think of narritive researcher I think of trial and error through reflective practice. After reading the article on Education Insights, I think teachers become researchers when they are reflecting on their classroom and trying new ways of teaching and applying ideas. I was first introduced to reflection in this class and I thought it was something that teachers did after each lesson that they taught and asked themselves, how well did the children learn the concepts? Is there a different way that I could have taught this idea? After reading this weeks article I realized that it goes beyond an individual lesson, it is also important to look at the big picture, even as big as the whole cirriculum and how we think of it. Teachers who dive beyond the ordinary with be able to reach their students.
When I think of doing research I think of sitting in front of a computer screen for hours reading academic articles till your eyes go cross. My idea of research is that of a student or academic, but teachers doing research can involove looking for more sources, yet what it really involves is the re-searching of the same ideas and finding new ways to teach concepts to students.
No comments:
Post a Comment