Green Beaners claims that students learn better in a collaborative environment. I think teamwork or cooperation in doing assignments among students is a wonderful method to achieve a higher level of understanding and learning. However, cooperation is more feasible when students know and understand each other better. One of the main aspects that I would like to have in my self-contract is to put more emphasize in multi-culturalism. Since Canada is becoming more diverse in its ethnic composition, it is important to consider this aspect in a classroom environment.
Nowadays, many students in schools are from various countries and each has different cultural and social experiences. As a teacher, I will design a plan for students to prepare a presentation like to use some picture from their home country, its culture, pictures of food, or few words such as hello. Doing this will help students to get a better understanding of each other and at the same time it will give students the opportunity to act as a teacher for a short period.
1 comment:
I too believe teamwork or cooperation in doing assignments can achieve a higher level of understanding. I know I enjoy working in groups because I enjoy the comraderie. The objectives and criteria are fulfilled and there is fun in learning. As well, I know I do not want to let the team down and I am more motivated in group work. I agree it is vital to recognize the multiculture nature of our country in the classroom as this can have the positive effects of giving newcomers a sense of belonging to the school and class.
Post a Comment