Thursday, 9 June 2011

As a future teacher I think it is really important to understand yourself in order to work and teacher others. As a slight introvert I need to push myself in situations where I feel uncomfortable and hold back in other situations. Since I am kind of a split personality I would be able to understand how many types of personalities feel. I have a strong judgement and it makes me analyze myself and others often which is good as a teacher to recognize how students are doing, but I often over analyze and misunderstand peoples meanings.

To me, cooperative learning is using my personality type it to connect to children's personalities and create a learning environment that reaches all students. When reading in Bennet and Smilanich, I love the idea of think-pair-share because I think this strategy allows for all personality types to be comfortable and actively involved in the classroom. On page 117 the cooperative learning diagram gives great tips to cooperative learning.I really like the face-to-face interaction, these are really important skills for students to learn at an early age so when they are ready to connect and work with others in the working world.

No comments: